Huawei Nova 8 SE 4G is a new member of the Nova 8 SE line. The new version of the entry-level mobile phone, as its name suggests, is limited to 4G connectivity. To enable support for the already outdated mobile network in the Chinese market, the model is equipped with a more basic chipset.
The Nova SE 4G has the same design as its “brothers” with a quadruple-camera module in quadratic format and identical color options — its only distinction is the hardware and more affordable price.
Huawei kept the 6.5-inch OLED screen with FHD+ resolution (1,080 x 2,400 pixels) distributed in a stretched aspect ratio of 20:9. There is a drop-shaped notch that houses the 16MP front camera and f/2.0 lens aperture.
Still, in terms of photography, the module features a “cooktop” design with a 64MP main camera and f/1.9 lens aperture, a wide-angle lens with an 8 MP sensor (f/2.4), a macro lens with a sensor of 2MP (f/2.4); and a 2MP depth-sensing lens (f/2.4) that will optimize captures in bokeh mode.
The Nova SE 4G features the HiSilicon Kirin 710A chipset, designed by Huawei itself, with a Mali-G51 GPU, cores operating at up to 2.0 GHz, and 4G LTE connectivity. The platform works with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage without support for expansion via a Micro SD card.
Huawei Nova SE 4G Specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch OLED screen with FHD+ resolution and 20:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 710A Platform
- GPU: Mali-G51 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage
- Front Camera: 16MP front camera
- Four rear cameras:
- Main lens with 64 MP sensor
- Wide-angle lens with 8 MP sensor
- Macro lens with 2 MP sensor
- Depth lens with 2 MP sensor
- Connectivity: 4G connection, Bluetooth 5.1, USB-C, and digital reader under the display
- Battery: 3,800 mAh battery with 33W charging
- OS: HarmonyOS 2
- Dimensions: 161.5 × 74.8 × 7.5 mm
- Weight: 180 grams