Motorola finally announced its new flagship smartphone, the Moto X40 at an event in China. Being a flagship device it brings state-of-the-art configurations, such as Qualcomm’s latest platform, Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, and AMOLED screen with support for a 165 Hz refresh rate.
The phone features a 6.67-inch curved AMOLED display with FullHD+ resolution (1080 x 2400 pixels), support for 165 Hz variable refresh rate, peak brightness of 1250 nits, 20:9 aspect ratio, more than 1 billion colors, and 395 ppi pixel density.
Under the hood, the Motorola Moto X40 features Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 platform manufactured in 4-nanometer lithography by TSMC. It has eight cores in a 1 + 3 + 4 configuration and a maximum speed of 3.19 GHz, in addition to the Adreno 740 GPU. GB, 256GB, or 256GB.
Let’s have a look at the spec sheet of the handset.
Moto X40 Specifications
- Display: 6.78-inch AMOLED screen with FullHD+ resolution and 165 Hz variable refresh rate
- Processor: Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Platform
- GPU: Adreno 740 GPU
- RAM and Internal Storage: 8GB or 12 GB of RAM and 128 GB, 256 GB, or 512 GB of internal storage
- Front Camera: 60MP front camera
- Three Rear Cameras:
- Main lens with 50 MP sensor
- Ultra wide-angle lens with 50 MP sensor
- Telephoto lens with 12 MP sensor and 2x optical zoom
- Connectivity: 5G connection, Bluetooth 5.3 LE, WiF 6E and USB-C, on-screen fingerprint reader
- Battery: 4,600 mAh battery with 125W fast charging support
- OS: Android 13 under MyUI 5.0 interface
Pricing and Availability
The Motorola Moto X40 is currently available in China only, but we’re expecting it to reach the global market soon as the Motorola Edge 40 Pro.
Check the official prices below:
- 8GB + 128GB – ¥3,399
- 12GB + 256GB – ¥3,999