Philips has announced a new entry-level smartphone in the Chinese market, the Philips Xenium S706. The model has a familiar look on its back due to its triple set of cameras that recalls the iPhone 14 Pro, but with a unique touch brought by its secondary screen.
Speaking of its technical specifications, the Philips Xenium S706 is equipped with a large 6.82-inch LCD screen with a refresh rate of 60 Hz and HD+ resolution distributed in an aspect ratio of 19:9. There is a teardrop notch that houses its 8 MP front camera.
The triple set of rear cameras comprises the main lens with a 16MP sensor, plus auxiliary lenses with 12 MP sensors – possibly for capturing wide-angle images – and a 0.3 MP base unit.
Next to the cameras is a small secondary screen that displays the date and time. The manufacturer does not give many details about this auxiliary part, but it is possible that it does not have the same diversified functions as the external panel of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra or Galaxy Z Flip 4.
Philips Xenium S706 Specifications
- Display: 6.82-inch LCD screen with HD+ resolution and 60 Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Platform with 2.0 GHz octa-core CPU
- RAM and Storage: 8GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal storage. Expandable memory with Micro SD card up to 128 GB
- Front Camera: 8MP front camera
- Three Rear Cameras:
- Main lens with 16 MP sensor
- Secondary lens with 12 MP sensor
- Auxiliary lens with 0.3 MP sensor
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Dual SIM, USB-C connection, and a secondary display on the back
- Battery: 5,500 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 173.4 x 78.4 x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 230 grams