Samsung made official its new affordable mid-range 5G smartphone the Samsung Galaxy A13 5G. It promises to be the cheapest 5G phone in its portfolio with state-of-the-art connectivity. Announced as a direct successor to the Galaxy A12, the new model has much more powerful hardware but sacrifices camera specifications to focus on cost reduction in order to popularize the 5G in the United States.
The device acquires a much more similar look to the latest generation models which gives it a more premium appearance by replacing the quadratic camera module. On the other hand, the display retains thick edges and a “drop” notch to house the front camera.
The Galaxy A13 5G has a 6.5-inch LCD screen with HD+ resolution (720 x 1600 pixels) with a variable refresh rate of 90 Hz — specifications similar to its predecessor. Still, on the front, your selfie camera has upgraded to a resolution of 5MP (against the Galaxy A12’s 8MP).
The rear-facing camera suite also suffered losses to drive down the price of the smartphone — without a wide-angle lens, the model has a 50MP main camera (f/1.8), a 2MP macroscopic lens (f/2.4), and a 2 MP depth sensor (f/2.4).
Samsung Galaxy A13 5G Specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch LCD screen with HD+ resolution and 90 Hz refresh rate
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 700 Platform
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- RAM and Storage: Unspecified RAM and 64GB of internal storage. Expandable memory with Micro SD card
- Front Camera: 5MP front camera
- Three rear cameras:
- Main lens with 50 MP sensor
- Macro lens with 2 MP sensor
- Depth lens with 2 MP sensor
- Connectivity: 5G connection, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, and side digital reader
- Battery: 5,000 mAh battery with 15W charging
- OS: Android 11 under One UI 3.1
- Dimensions: 164.5 x 76.5 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 195 grams
Price and Availability
The Galaxy A13 5G will be available through AT&T’s US operator and Samsung’s official website starting December 3rd, 2021.