Samsung finally made official another folding smartphone, Samsung W22 in the Chinese market. The phone is made available today (Oct 14), and the folding smartphone is just the Galaxy Z Fold 3 with some improvements.
Starting with the design, of course, the South Korean tech giant made some adjustments to please the Chinese audience. Thus, we have details in gold on the smartphone hinge, while the device will be sold with the S Pen stylus by default.
The other specs of the W22 are the same as its international brother, with an internal 7.6-inch folding AMOLED screen. The external is 6.2 inches. To deliver good processing power, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset. It works in conjunction with 16GB of RAM – 4GB more than the international variant – and 512GB of internal storage.
Samsung W22 Specifications
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G mobile platform
- 12 GB of RAM memory
- 256 or 512 GB of UFS 3.1 Internal Storage
- Side biometric reader
- Support for S Pen
- Front camera under 4 MP screen (f/1.8)
- 10 MP cover camera (f/2.2)
- Triple set of rear cameras:
- 12 MP main sensor (f/1.8, OIS)
- 12 MP ultrawide sensor (f/2.2)
- a 12 MP telephoto sensor (f/2.4, OIS), with 2x optical and 10x digital zoom
- Dimensions: 128.1 x 158.2 x 6.4 mm (open) or 67.1 x 158.2 x 16-14.4 mm (folded)
- Weight: 271 grams
- 4400 mAh battery
- Android 11 as an operating system, under the One UI interface