Les Enfants Terribles, known for their innovative immersive theatre productions, and VR trailblazers vrisch, have joined forces for an unprecedented collaboration to bring the world’s most famous detective to virtual reality. “Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Hung Parliament” is a thrilling, live-motion VR deductive adventure for one to four players, coming soon to Meta Quest 2 via the Meta Store.
This game is unlike any other, as it combines interactive live-action FMV with professional theatre actors. Players can interrogate suspects and investigate locations for clues to unravel the mystery. You can play solo or with friends to visit crime scenes throughout London, and then meet up in the “Mind Fortress” to piece together your case against the prime suspect.
The game features a typically gripping Holmesian whodunit, written by Anthony Spargo, a prolific theatre writer, and Oliver Lansley, Artistic Director of Les Enfants Terribles, whose work spans books, TV, theatre, and Amazon productions.
Can you solve the perplexing case in time? Will you need your friends’ help? And where is Sherlock himself? The answers to these questions are anything but elementary.
The current version of “Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Hung Parliament” is available for purchase via AppLab and SideQuest. While the game is still in development, this version is complete and is being used for testing and community feedback to help the developers prepare for the full launch.
Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Hung Parliament Features
- Immerse yourself in the world of Sherlock Holmes, examine crime scenes with his famous magnifying glass, and learn all about the case from Doctor Watson himself.
- Visit Holmes’ ‘Mind Fortress’ to construct your case using the clues you have picked up at the locations spread around London.
- Play with up to three other friends to pool your deductive skills and solve the case.
- Meet and interrogate a collection of malevolent misfits, all of whom have good reason to carry out such diabolical deeds.
- The clock is ticking, and the killer must be found before the Prime Minister himself falls foul of the fiendish felon.
- Experience this unique mix of VR deduction games, live performances, and an enthralling adventure with the world’s most famous fictional detective.
Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Hung Parliament Official Trailer