Sony has officially announced its new compact flagship smartphone, the Xperia 5 IV. It comes to rival other smaller premium handsets like the ASUS Zenfone 9. Under the hood, it has a powerful Snapdragon platform, an attractive camera set with several features, and a robust battery.
Despite its compact format, the Sony Xperia 5 IV has a 6.1-inch OLED screen with FullHD+ resolution, 120 Hz refresh rate, Gorilla Glass Victus protection, and a 21:9 aspect ratio, something traditional in Japanese devices.
As mentioned above, the smartphone comes with a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 platform, 8GB of RAM, and 128GB of internal storage. Even with its compact size, Sony took care to put space for a microSD card. For power, there’s a 5,000mAh battery pack with support for 30W fast charging.
Sony Xperia 5 IV Specifications
- Display: 6.1-inch OLED screen with FullHD+ resolution, HDR, and 120 Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Platform
- RAM and Storage: 12GB of RAM and 128 internal storage with microSD support
- Front Camera: 12MP front camera
- Three Rear Cameras:
- 12 MP main sensor (24 mm, f/1.7,)
- Ultra-wide 12 MP sensor (16 mm, f/2.2)
- 12MP telephoto sensor (60mm, f/2.4)
- Connectivity: 5G connection, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, and IP68 certification
- Battery: 5,000mAh battery with support for 30W charging
- OS: Android 12
- Dimensions: 156.1 x 67 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 187 grams
Pricing and Availability
The Sony Xperia 5 IV will be available on October 27th in just one memory configuration with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. In the color options, it will come in black, white, and green. In terms of price, it will start at US$ 999.