Steam Mobile app for Android and iOS app already received a visual overhaul in August and now more features are coming to it. The new version supports remote commands, easy login via QR code, custom tabs, and much more.
Starting with the remote commands, it is now possible to purchase games on Steam directly through the application, in addition to giving the remote command so that it is downloaded to your computer as soon as it is turned on.
Notifications are also being improved to become smarter, showing more relevant content and information without having to open the app all the time.
Another big improvement is QR code login support. In this case, just access the Steam Guard tab in the app, and the camera will automatically start to read the QR code generated on the computer. Scan it and the login will be completed. You will still be able to choose between the option to enter a username and password and approve the login via the application.
Features of the updated Steam mobile app
- Two-factor authentication to ensure you’re the only one with access to your account
- QR code sign-in – Scan a QR code to sign into Steam instead of entering a password or…
- Sign-in confirmation – Confirm your regular Steam sign-ins with a simple “approve” or “deny”
- Authorized Devices – Manage access to the devices your account has signed in
- Easy access to the Store, Community, News, etc from wherever you are
- Your Library with access to your game content, discussions, guides, support, and more
- Remote download of games and updates on your PC managed from your phone
- Customizable Steam notifications: wishlist, sales, comments, trades, discussions, friend requests, and more
- Trade and Market confirmations – to ensure items don’t leave your account without your approval
- An improved Store browsing experience for mobile screens
- Support for using multiple Steam accounts in the app
- Customizable tabs