Chuckefish has recently announced the release of their roguelike deck-building adventure game, Wildfrost, on PC and Switch starting from April 12th. The game takes players on an epic journey through the icy mountains, armed with a deck of cute companions and powerful elemental items, to break the curse of eternal winter and save the world. Switch players can now place their pre-orders.
Get ready to brave the frozen tundras of Wildfrost! With a trusty deck of charming companions and powerful elemental items, players will embark on a perilous journey through the frosty mountains to break the curse of eternal winter and save the world.
Along the way, they must rescue and recruit frozen companions, unearth lost treasures, collect wobbly charms, and trade with mysterious traveling merchants to survive the monster-laden trek. Each decision made in the game will help craft a unique, powerful deck tailored to the player’s playstyle.
After each run, players can return to Snowdwell to rebuild the town, unlock more cards, and encounter new challenges and events for an endlessly replayable adventure. It’ll take determination, sharp strategy, and top-notch deck-building skills to reach the Sun Temple and banish the Wildfrost once and for all!
- A perfect mix of deckbuilding and adventure. Wildfrost lets you test your card-battling skills as you fight to save the village of Snowdwell.
- Pick Leaders from different tribes at the beginning of every journey, each gifted with different randomized stats and skills.
- The opportunity to plan ahead using the dynamic ‘counter system’ to exploit foes and frosty monsters’ weaknesses!
- Recruit cute card companions, and elemental items and equip powerful charms to tackle each battle to collect during each encounter. The way you strategize each fight is up to you!
- Endless replayability with new daily challenges and runs.