Xiaomi officially announces its long-awaited foldable smartphone Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold. Offering a foldable internal display panel, high-capacity battery, Snapdragon 888 chipset, liquid lens cameras, and more. The device also uses the company’s first designed processor for image signaling, the Surge C1.
Offering the well-known “book” or “butterfly” design used for the first time in the 2019 Galaxy Fold and which has proven to be one of the best options for protecting the flexible inner panel, the Mix Fold adopts an 8.01-inch WQHD+ folding panel. The external screen offers a size of 6.52-inch.
It’s going to compete with the Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Huawei Mate X2 which offer solutions more modern with thin edges. The Mi Mix Fold adopts a set of three rear cameras with a 108 MP main sensor, a 13 MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and an 8 MP telephoto lens that will also work as a macro camera.
The company highlights Liquid Lenses, a technology that works like the human eye. “It is smaller and can focus more quickly and accurately, with telephoto and macro capabilities.”
Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold Specifications
- Internal Display: 8.01-inch internal screen with OLED panel and 2380 x 1480 pixel resolution
- External display: 6.52-inch external display with 90 Hz OLED panel and 2520 x 840 pixel resolution
- Processor: Snapdragon 888 5G processor
- RAM and Storage: 12 or 16 GB of RAM and 256 and 512 GB of internal storage
- Front camera: 16MP selfie camera powered by Xiaomi’s latest AI Beautify on external screen
- Three main cameras:
- Main sensor with 108 MP
- 13 MP sensor with ultra wide-angle lens
- 8 MP sensor with telephoto lens for 3x optical zoom and macro mode
- Baterry: 5.020 mAh battery with 67W fast charge
Pricing and Availability
Unlike its main competitors, the big highlight of the Xiaomi folding phone is its price. The Mi Mix Fold will be available for 9,999 yuan for the base version. Check out the complete pricing.
- 12 GB + 256 GB for 9,999 yuan (around INR 1,11,720)
- 12 GB + 512 GB for 10,999 yuan (around INR 1,22,894)
- 16 GB + 512 GB for 12,999 yuan (around INR 1,45,239)
Right now, there is no word on the global availability of the Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold.