Sony announced its new smartphone, Xperia Pro-I and it is the first smartphone from the manufacturer to feature a 1-inch camera sensor outside of Japan. In addition, the device also delivers specifications worthy of a true high-end.
That’s because we’re talking about a smartphone that has a 6.5-inch OLED screen with a 120 Hz refresh rate and 4K resolution. However, this display does not have an integrated fingerprint sensor, as it is placed on the side. The phone is driven by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G processor.
The 1-inch image sensor camera is capable of delivering 12 MP photos with a pixel size of 2.4µm, which is 20% larger than that captured by the iPhone 13 Pro Max and the same size found in the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. The Xperia Pro I is second only to the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra with its 2.8 µm.
Check out the technical specifications of the handset.
Sony Xperia Pro-I Specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch OLED screen with 4K resolution and 120 Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Snapdragon 888 platform
- RAM and Storage: Up to 12GB of RAM and up to 512GB of internal storage. Expandable memory with MicroSD card
- Front Camera: 8MP front camera
- Four rear cameras:
- Main lens with 12 MP sensor (f/2.0-f/2.4, 24mm, 2.4µm, OIS)
- Wide-angle lens with 12 MP sensor (f/2.2, 124°, PDAF)
- Telephoto lens with 12 MP sensor (f/2.4, 50mm, 2x optical zoom, OIS)
- Lens with 3D ToF sensor
- Connectivity: 5G and NFC connection for approach payments
- Battery: 4,500 mAh battery with 30W charging
- OS: Android 11