After appearing in certifications recently, the Samsung Galaxy A04e is now official, albeit without much fanfare. The device follows the line of the Galaxy A04 and A04s launched a few months ago. But this is a smaller version, following the basic specifications of a cheap one — although the price has not been disclosed for now.
From the front, the Galaxy A04e is just like its siblings. It offers a 6.5-inch flat LCD panel, with HD+ resolution, a 60 Hz refresh rate, and with a waterdrop notch, and a thick bottom edge.
At the rear, the module has only two cameras — unlike the Galaxy A04s, which already works with three. Here the module highlights a 13MP main sensor and a 2MP depth sensor. The front camera is the same 5MP unit available on the other two models. There is no fingerprint scanner.
There is also no support for 5 GHz Wifi connectivity, being restricted to 2.4 GHz and Bluetooth v5.0 connections. The phone has Samsung Knox security, an accelerometer, a light sensor, and a proximity sensor.
Despite not naming a spade in its datasheet, the platform here is most likely the MediaTek Helio G35. As it is a 12 nm chipset with eight Cortex-A53 CPU cores clocked at 2.3 GHz and the IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU operating at a maximum frequency of 680 MHz.
Samsung Galaxy A04e Specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch LCD screen with HD+ resolution and 60Hz refresh rate
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G35 Platform
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320 MP2
- RAM and Internal Storage: 3GB or 4GB of RAM memory and 128 GB of storage
- Front Camera: 5MP front camera
- Two Rear Cameras:
- Main lens with 13 MP sensor
- Depth lens with 2 MP sensor
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi 2.4Ghz
- Battery: 5000mAh battery
- OS: Android 12 with One UI Core 4.1
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 75.9 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 188 grams
Right now, there is no word if the handset will be available in other global markets or not. The phone is currently available in the South Korean market.