During the ‘Peek Performance’ event, Apple officially presented the 3rd generation iPhone SE. The new iPhone SE comes with specifications that should guarantee advantages against rivals. Succeeding the iPhone SE (2020), the new mid-ranger received hardware improvements, including 5G support.
Starting from its design and confirming the rumors, there are no major differences from its predecessor. We still see the dated look of the iPhone 8, with thick edges between the screen — but this generation should still please Touch ID fans, as the classic touch-sensitive button still offers fingerprint unlocking.
The 4.7-inch screen still has IPS LCD technology with HD+ resolution (1,334 x 750 pixels) with peak brightness at 625 nits. There’s the new front and back protection with Ceramic Shield, the same tough glass technology used in the iPhone 13. Furthermore, the new model is rated IP67, ensuring good resistance to water and dust.
And speaking of similarities to the iPhone 13, the 3rd generation iPhone SE will finally have 5G support. State-of-the-art connectivity is enabled by the Apple A15 Bionic, a chipset that works with 3GB of RAM and 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB internal storage — conventionally without Micro SD card support.
New iPhone SE Specifications
- Display: 4.7-inch Retina IPS LCD display with HD+ resolution and 60 Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Apple A15 Bionic Platform with 4 core GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3 GB of RAM and 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB of internal storage
- Front Camera: 7 MP front camera (f/2.2)
- Rear Camera: 12 MP rear camera (f/1.8)
- Other Features: 5G, IP67 rating, Touch ID unlocking, and Lightning port
- OS: iOS 15
- Dimensions: 138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 144 grams