Microsoft has released the Windows 10 update KB5015878 under Build 19045.1865 for version 22H2. The new build includes improvements to the operating system fixing the main issues reported by the user community and identified by the developer.
Like other updates, this one was also released through Windows Update, a space where new system versions can be downloaded. Unlike other updates, this time, the company did not disclose in the changelog the details of the features that were implemented from this new version for different channels.
In its blog, the company states that version KB5015878 comes only includes quality improvements with a few highlights and only one known issue, a flaw that affects devices with Windows installations created based on custom offline media or ISO images.
Although the focus is on the Release Preview channel, it is worth mentioning that the 21H2 version of the software was also covered with the KB5015878 update, made available last Tuesday.
Highlights of Windows 10 Update KB5015878
- New! Gives you the option to receive important notifications when focus assist is on. Focus assist is like a do not disturb mode that hides notifications.
- New! Restores functionality for Windows Autopilot deployment scenarios that are affected by the security mitigation for hardware reuse. This update removes the one-time use restriction for self-deploying mode (SDM) and pre-provisioning (PP). This update also re-enables any User Principal Name (UPN) display in user-driven mode (UDM) deployments for approved manufacturers.
- Addresses an issue that causes certain docking stations to lose internet connectivity when waking from Sleep mode.
- Adds functionality that improves the OS upgrade experience.
- Addresses an issue that might cause consecutive video clip playback to fail in games that use DX12.
- Addresses an issue that affects certain games that use the XAudio API to play sound effects.
- Addresses an issue that affects the height of the Search box when you use multiple monitors that have different resolutions.
Addresses an issue that prevents certain troubleshooting tools from opening.