At the Google I/O 2022 event, the company made its new Google Pixel 6a smartphone official. It’s an affordable version of its Pixel 6 family of smartphones. It stands out for also being equipped with Google Tensor, the personalized mobile platform used by the company in its new devices. The phone will also be released in India.
Overall, the Pixel 6a retains the visual elements already seen on the mainstream Pixel 6. This means that there is a black block on the back to house the cameras, positioned horizontally, to cut the entire body and divide different shades of the cover.
The sides are made of metal, while available colors include three options: Chalk, Charcoal, and Sage. The interface has a new updated Material You design, designed to bring more customization to the phone. There is still a hole-shaped notch on the screen and a biometric reader under the display.
The phone offers two rear cameras and one front camera. In the main set, there is a primary sensor of 12.2MP and an ultrawide of 12MP, while on the front lens is 8MP. Google promises the same performance found in the other models in the family.
Google Pixel 6a Specifications
- Display: 6.1-inch display with Gorilla Glass 3 and 60 Hz rate
- Processor: Google Tensor mobile platform with Titan M2 security chip
- RAM and Internal Storage: 6GB of LPDDR5 RAM memory and 128 GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage
- Front Camera: 8MP front camera
- Dual rear camera:
- 12.2MP main sensor
- 12MP ultrawide sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi 6/6E and Bluetooth 5.2
- Battery: 4,410 mAh battery
- OS: Android 12 as an operating system