The Huawei Watch 3 which was announced in June this year is now getting the new operating system update. The firmware version is HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 and is 239MB in size. It’s worth noting that right now the update is rolling out for the Chinese versions of the watch but it’s probably going to be released to the international model soon enough.
The Huawei Watch 3 is the first wearable from the company to come with the HarmonyOS 2 pre-installed. In general, there are three highlights brought by the HarmonyOS system, namely Internet of Everything, App Expansion, and eSIM support.
HarmonyOS is Huawei’s in-house operating system meant for mobile and other devices.
New Features of HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 Update on Huawei Watch 3
Update Log – New features:
1. SMS reply is supported;
2. When the screen is off, you can rise the wrist to display the main dial or off the screen;
3. New hand-washing detection function is added to teach users to wash their hands scientifically (Open Path: Settings> Accessibility> Handwashing);
4. A free 5-minute trial of the paid watch face;
5. The charging dial interface is opened by default during charging to reduce mistouch operation and improve the charging experience (Press the crown to close);
6. More formats of mobile phone local music are supported importing into the watch.